Written by Ven. Londonaye Dammagawesi Thero
Monday, 11 May 2009 06:25
Here are some qualities to be adhered in improving a relationship ......................................
- Trust yourself first and then the other (need to feel like one another.)
- Cherish the companionship as this is what a relationship brings. (Understand the word "ship" friendship / partnership / companionship)
- Compliment each other for all of the good that they bring and give. Always give and wait to get. Never take against what you have given.
- Correct all shortcomings & inadequacies openly & with respect to one another
- Be restraint with your speech as expression of words are the cause of "most" conflicts
- Make sure that you fulfil your duties, responsibilities objectives & commitments towards one another. (first to yourself and then the other. Don't forget your extended family)
- Enjoy the present and leave the past alone as neither of you can do much about anything that was done, said or felt.
- Keep a smile on your face all the time, as this will always need a wholesome thought within you to smile about.
- Make sure that you are aware of how to keep a promise to yourself and with one another. (make sure that you live by your principles and disciplines
- Always be happy, healthy, peaceful and content with the little you possess